Kate Medley, inspired by her own experience and introduction to Pilates, enthusiastically decided to pursue a career as an instructor and accomplished what few have:
- Trained with the best in the business:
- Junghee Won, Ph.D, Classical Pilates instructor
- Jennifer Kries, Pilates Master Teacher and Yoga Instructor
- Achieved her certification through the Chakra Apprentice Program lead by owner Mariel Fillipone.
- Completed over 500 hours of training.
- Certified in the following gear:
- Springboard on the wall, Tower / Trap table
- Mat, Wunda – Chair, Split Pedal Chair
- Jump board
- Ladder Barrel
- Auxiliary equipment such as Magic Circle and Foam Roller
- Trained in teaching “Fusion type classes” such as Heated Reformer, Cardio Circuit training on Pilates Apparatus, Classic Mat, Springboard, Cardio Pilates and Mat Fusion
- Selected as lead Pre-Post Natal Instructor for “Mommy and Me” classes.
Her Pre-Pilates education was just as impressive:
- Graduate of University of Wisconsin Stout
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Fashion Merchandising with a Business Minor.
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Earned the Chancellor’s Award
- Member of the National Honor Society
Kate’s training and optimism deliver inherent value when addressing the special needs of clients who endeavor to conquer the following:
- Lyme Disease
- Auto immune Diseases
- Knee, hip and shoulder injuries
- And many more
She seeks to improve and accommodate her client’s physical and mental needs. Kate’s goal is to always educate, coach, inspire, and awaken each client’s body with awareness.
Kate has a true passion for teaching Pilates and she hopes to share her experience to help others better themselves. Her teaching style is non-intimidating, exceptionally personal, and results oriented. She is always thrilled and excited when witnessing her client’s growth and progress. That is the biggest reward of all.
Chakra Pilates is a proud supporter of the PMA’s (Pilates Method Alliance) Pilates Certification Program, which is now accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies. This program is the only Classic Pilates training center in San Diego.